powerbook battery life

C

cplayo

what is the estimated average battery life of a 15 inch 1.5 ghz processor, and how does it compare to that of a 15 inch 1.33 ghz one. would the lessened battery life of a 1.5 be made up by the increase in power. and how important is the 128 mb video card that can be purchased with a 1.5 ghz processor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Check your PM!

Well.. a PB will actually slow down when it's running off the battery, as to how much, well only Apple will know. Also it'll spin down the hard disk, when idle. I'd guess 2-4 hours. Battery life depends on configuration and usage. If your gonna do tones of work, buy a spare battery pack and negotiate a price with your dealer!

http://www.apple.com/powerbook/specs.html

Battery and power

50-watt-hour lithium-ion battery (with integrated charge indicator LEDs) providing up to 4.5 hours of battery life (15-inch models)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Or buy one of those battery pads.. Something like 8 hours of battery life. I've really been tempted to do that in the past, but they had not released them yet when I went on my trip.. so I had to purchase multiple batteries :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.