Can I remote into Windows...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook/13.3"/2.16GHz Intel C2D/1GB RAM/120GB HD/Ipod 20 Gig
My work has a windows remote desktop where I can log in to the network from home...can I log in to this using my Macbook?

I am thinking this is why I would need Parallels?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook w/ 2.16GHz Duo & 2GB RAM
There is remote desktop connection software for the mac, made by MS. If you google "remote desktop for mac" it should be pretty easy to find. I use it occasionally with the cisco vpn client to get to systems at work and it seems to function pretty well.

Also, I have links to the rdc and vpn software at home if you need me to post them later.

-
Andy

Reaction score
Have you tried www.logmein.com its a free software that allows you to remote into another pc/mac program. I have been using for quite a while now and it works well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
RDC from MS has the best performance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2ghz, 1gb RAM, 80gb HD
No Need for Parallels

There is no need for Parallels for this. Microsoft just release a new beta of the Mac Remote Desktop Connection Software. There is also a nice open source program called CoRD that is in development. I have used both of these and the earlier Microsoft version, and they all work. I have never found a need to use Parallels for this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Macbook white
If I want to remote into a computer from home from my mac at school, what is the program that is best to use? I use RADMIN at work, but that is expensive. What program is the best for that use? My family isn't very PC literate, so I have to help them when I'm at school and would like to have a program that does these types of things. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.