Does Apple Lower Prices ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dont have one yet <sob>
hi never ever used a Mac before so 100% newbie here

Looking to get the new iMac:

1) Should I wait for Leopard ?
2) Is Apple going to lower prices as time goes on ? Is this their past practice ?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
1) You can wait and get Leopard free, or buy now and pay $130 for it later.
2) Yes: they just lowered the price of the 24" iMac yesterday (and upgraded it at the same time).

OP
matelot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dont have one yet <sob>
2) Yes: they just lowered the price of the 24" iMac yesterday (and upgraded it at the same time).

huh ? Isn't yesterday the very first day of release ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
huh ? Isn't yesterday the very first day of release ?

For this model yeah; but they had 24" iMacs before that, that cost more... now they're cheaper and upgraded to boot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PM G4 Dual 867, 1gb, 160gb
Matelot,

What they usually do is upgrade the specs as they go along and keep it at the same price point. Do not anticipate any price drops to the iMac. If you need the machine, I say go for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
If you want an aluminum case iMac ( the newest one), i wouldn't hold my breath for the price to go down anytime soon. If you want a 24" iMAC with the white case, check out the refurbished ones on the Apple Sotre site.

I think it was set at $1500.00

Brian

OP
matelot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dont have one yet <sob>
Also....is the free nano offer a temporary, limited-time thing ?
Is it likely to go away (and comes back later) ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
The free nano is a student deal and does have an expiration date. You might find that information where ever the deal is mentioned at Apple.

As Thorin said, Apple doesn't typicaly lower prices. They have price points they like to keep to and simply change the specs. Occasionally they do alter the price points slightly. I'd have to say I've noticed that occurs most often when they do a new introduction like this week.

As for when to buy, that is always a personal choice. When iLife 08 available, you should not buy any new system that does not come with it. If you feel comfortable waiting three months at least, then wait. If you current system is a nightmare then perhaps buying now is a better decision. Remember, you don't need to get Leopard right a way when it comes out, unless some software you want to buy requires it. I know of one package that will.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12.1" G4 1.33ghz 512RAM 40GB, iPod 2nd Gen 15GB
sites such as macsolutions.com have pretty nice deals

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.