MacBook Hinge

Reaction score
I borrowed my Black MacBook out to a buddy of mine (BIG MISTAKE!) I got it back and now the screen/lid part does not close flush with the bottom part. It's not anywhere near noticeable when it's open or even when it's closed unless you're really looking at it, or touch it. I was just wondering if anyone has had this kind of a problem before or if anyone knows how to fix it, I'm pretty sure it's just that the hinge is out of place. And please no one suggest AppleCare or anything else that is very costly, it'd be simply too much money for the problem that I have and I work IT for a living.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP SR 2.2Ghz 15.4" LED
I borrowed my Black MacBook out to a buddy of mine (BIG MISTAKE!) I got it back and now the screen/lid part does not close flush with the bottom part. It's not anywhere near noticeable when it's open or even when it's closed unless you're really looking at it, or touch it. I was just wondering if anyone has had this kind of a problem before or if anyone knows how to fix it, I'm pretty sure it's just that the hinge is out of place. And please no one suggest AppleCare or anything else that is very costly, it'd be simply too much money for the problem that I have and I work IT for a living.

Wow, you lent someone your MB. I won't even let my g/f touch my MBP. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
Have you looked that the rear of the MB around the two screws either side of the hinge area. Is there any deformation or cracks of the housing?

Other than that I'd say something inside has become loose, take off your kbrd and take a look around the area's of the hinges and move the screen back and forth to see if there's any extra play. If so use the correct screw driver to gently tighten it all up leaving no marks that you were ever inside.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's

Can you post a picture???

OP
maxioCboy
Reaction score
I opened it up in the middle of class last night, but one screw on the side that it doesn't fix right seemed to be striped or stuck, using all my force it wouldn't budge. I will post a couple pictures in my next reply.

OP
maxioCboy
Reaction score
My pics are below the first 2 are of the problem, the last 3 are of my mod!

OP
maxioCboy
Reaction score
B.S. What ever happen to straight HTML, that's why I learned it!
0808071327zl9.jpg

0808071328ai9.jpg

0808071320yi5.jpg

0808071325iu7.jpg

0808071326fk5.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.