Tiger-Leopard??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Unibody MBP, 2.8ghz, 500gig, 4gig
hi guys..i live in turkey and i am thinking of buying a macbook pro in a few weeks..but this makes me annoy that in here mbp is coming with macos x 10.4?is this the newer one?and in www.apple.com.tr it says that it includes tiger?and leopard comes here in october?should i wait for it?or can i upgrade to it without paying much??cuz computer it self is being sold to 4.500b usd and it is pretty much,i dont really want to pay nothing else i am a student:D ..please help me out..what should i do:| ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Right now... all Mac computers have Tiger (10.4.) installed.

Leopard (10.5) will be released in October. After Leopard is released, Mac computers will have Leopard installed.

The cost of Leopard will be close to $129 (USD).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
dont forget about student pricing if they have it in your country. the price of the operating system is extremely cheap if you buy it under the student discount program. go to apple.tr and check out the prices.

also the new os x is expected to be released in october so if you buy your computer now you will have to buy a new os in a few months if it is that important for you
-chris

OP
shadyboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanx for the quick replies:)

well we dont have a student discount here,thanx to bilkom.inc:(i dont know if ı should wait i mean will it be so different ??better in any way?i will be using it mostly for video editing,for photos and waching dvds..
By the way do u really have to pay to make quicktime to pro??i mean it is funny lol:)it is like u buy a ferrary but you have to pay extra to use the fifth shift:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
thanx for the quick replies:)

well we dont have a student discount here,thanx to bilkom.inc:(i dont know if ? should wait i mean will it be so different ??better in any way?i will be using it mostly for video editing,for photos and waching dvds..
By the way do u really have to pay to make quicktime to pro??i mean it is funny lol:)it is like u buy a ferrary but you have to pay extra to use the fifth shift:)

Tiger will do all the things you want now, and Leopard isn't necessary, but most us will get it because it has some cool new features we'd like.

And yea, you have to pay for QuickTime Pro. It's not really like buying a Ferrari and paying to use the fifth gear... it's more like paying extra to for a reverse gear (Pro isn't faster than QTPlayer, it adds new functionality).

OP
shadyboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Tiger will do all the things you want now, and Leopard isn't necessary, but most us will get it because it has some cool new features we'd like.

And yea, you have to pay for QuickTime Pro. It's not really like buying a Ferrari and paying to use the fifth gear... it's more like paying extra to for a reverse gear (Pro isn't faster than QTPlayer, it adds new functionality).

i know pro can convert videos for iPod..it is the thing which i want..and can you tell a little bit more about those cool new features you'd like please??
look man,i am a windows user from the 3.1 to vista and i am pretty capable of doing everything i need on my pc,so i would really like to know what does tiger offer me,from s.o who actually uses it..
that is why i keep asking those silly questions mate,dont get angry with me please for asking:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
AMD 533 MHz, 312 mb RAM, 80 HDD. :(
Heya, nice wanted to start this topic but found it here so let's have a nice talk,

Leopard will be released on the 5th of October right?
Hooah, that's like 4 days after my b-day, so that means extra money to waste on an iMac :D

(you never waste any money buying Apple products!)

But I was wondering, is it worth waiting for with buying a new iMac, because the upgrade is AWESOME, but I don't need it right away, since my old PC will still run in October, although I sometimes worry about that :p

cos that $129 is not very much, but it ain't nice to pay while you jus tbought your new iMac,

SO tell me, what is good to do?

OP
shadyboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i am pretty covinced myself that there is no need to wait..i think it wont be very very different,as we are new switchers and thinking of a switch we even wont be able to tell a difference betveen them,but i hope it wont be sth like xp-vista thing..u know there are a huge difference between them...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes true,

But I dislike to have an older version, maybe sounds stupid but when I buy something I want it to be good, or just not buying at all,

Some say I'm spoiled, but I would rather say I just want the best out of the computer ;)

Anyway, maybe there is a bigger difference, should would it be pretty rubish to switch within 2 months from XP to Mac OS X 10.4 to Mac OS X 10.5

They didn't put for fun that 5 in stead of 4, that means big changes/updates ;-)

OP
shadyboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes true,

But I dislike to have an older version, maybe sounds stupid but when I buy something I want it to be good, or just not buying at all,

Some say I'm spoiled, but I would rather say I just want the best out of the computer ;)

Anyway, maybe there is a bigger difference, should would it be pretty rubish to switch within 2 months from XP to Mac OS X 10.4 to Mac OS X 10.5

They didn't put for fun that 5 in stead of 4, that means big changes/updates ;-)

your right man..but u can always upgrade riht??:)i think i will buy mine in next two weeks..cuz i am going to go to college this year and i think it will be pretty necessery to me...and i hope there wont be much differences between tiger and leopard..;-)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah look, you really need it in a week or 4 ;-) that's a different thing,

I don't like paying $129 (or how much it will be out here in Euro's, could use my money also on other stuff you see ;-) )

So it's not a big problem when I wait a month or 2 more, that means I can spend that $129 also on my new iMac, WITH leopard

Ok when I think like this I could wait for every update to buy and see a new update coming so I will wait again, but this one waiting for makes sense to me at least, a bit :p

OP
shadyboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yea man,it is wiser to wait in your position,but i need mine before september..cuz college starts then..and macs are very very expensive here i will buy a 15 inch 160 gb harddisk and 2g of ram 2.4ghz c2d it costs 3.600euro approximately..so i will be waiting and saving again to be able to buy leopard...:)

OP
shadyboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
but if there wont be so much difference i wont be buying it till i get to states..i will be a suny student next year:)it costs 9.99$ to upgrade there as i've read,but i am not sure,this can be the cost of upgrading to iLife 08..maybe:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.