Why is XP Good... ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
windows is soo predictable... :p

*crash* :D :D :D :D

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I discovered X vs XP last night. I don't really care, you know me.

S

StevieA

I use XP and OsX on a daily basis, to be honest there's no practical difference, both work and both have minor annoyances and minor great stuff.

I'm braced for incoming . . . . .

Steve

OP
hype.it
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Good Stevie.... I know what you mean, but there are people here who thinks otherwise... personally a puter is like a hammer or a spanner. On the internet it's a communication tool, in the office it's a tool... if it's broken, then a paper weight.

*looks at the winbox, near the door*
*looks at the powerbook, on top of the paper pile*

:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I'll give the devil his due: XP is a major improvement over 95/98 and (shudder) ME. It's quite usable, provided you take appropriate security precautions (as you really should with any OS.)

But I stilll don't think it's as refined as OS X. It's the little things sometimes....

OP
hype.it
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Originally Posted by d4rr3n

I think it's really sad when you say anything positive in here about a pc or windows people take it as an attack against macs. Why am i a troll for saying my 2 XP setups have not crashed while using them. Did i say anything negative about OS X there? It seems neither of you want to hear anything other than MAC IS GREAT XP SUCKS. It's this type of delusional fanboyism from the minority that gives the majority of mac owners a bad name.

Don't get it... This a Mac forum, hence "mac-forums.com" or am i reading that wrong too? I assume it's for Mac-users who adore their machines... so, why do we have a troll, patrol? Do we have something he/she/they or it wants???

There's a "switcher's" forum for those people who have recently made the switch on their own accord!! Simply because they have gotten sick of the Windows Platform, or for the personal reasons.

Don't get me wrong... I never said "XP sucks!!"...

I just said

"Microsoft Corp. SUCK!"

And they do!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
hype.it said:
Don't get it... This a Mac forum, hence "mac-forums.com" or am i reading that wrong too? I assume it's for Mac-users who adore their machines... so, why do we have a troll, patrol? Do we have something he/she/they or it wants???
I can sign up wherever I want. I'm not a graphics designer, but I belong to a forum, "ApeX DesignS". I'm a Mac user. I love my Mac. I just hate that my Mac doesn't work.
There's a "switcher's" forum for those people who have recently made the switch on their own accord!! Simply because they have gotten sick of the Windows Platform, or for the personal reasons.
I am not a switcher. Unless you count going from OS 9 to OS X switching... I've always used Macs.Do people really have to get all emo over a computer? No.
Don't get me wrong... I never said "XP sucks!!"...

I just said

"Microsoft Corp. SUCK!"

And they do!
Microsoft isn't bad. I use a lot of their products regulary, such as Xbox, the Office 2004 suit, Windows Media Player, Virtual PC, and MSN Messenger.
If it wasn't for Microsoft, Mac OS X probably wouldn't be Mac OS X. It would be Mac OS 10, without UNIX, without aqua, kind of like Rhapsody.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Absolute Zero said:
If it wasn't for Microsoft, Mac OS X probably wouldn't be Mac OS X. It would be Mac OS 10, without UNIX, without aqua, kind of like Rhapsody.

I'm a recent switcher, so excuse me, but in what way or shape did Microsoft have ANYTHING to do(besides copying it[ie.longhorn]) with aqua? or Unix?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Absolute Zero said:
ApplejustWorks said:
I'm a recent switcher, so excuse me, but in what way or shape did Microsoft have ANYTHING to do(besides copying it[ie.longhorn]) with aqua? or Unix?

I am thinking the same thing. What did M$ do, be side giving Apple some money?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Microsoft's Mac division make an Office thats better than the actual one for doz :D lol!

M$ rip people for their money with products like xp...

xp is just 2000 with different icons, another start menu which takes up DOUBLE the space, and FUGLY blue theme

its far to big for whats new... what is new?!

switchers switch to get AWAY fom m$ windows.. not to hear how "great" it is.... i am SICK OF WINDOWS :mad: pity i cant get away from it

here is the complete list of new xpee features straight from m$'s site ;)

eXtra Profits (for Microsoft)
Activation
Removing old icons from the desktop to a folder
The new look and feel of the desktop
Windows Media Player integration into everything
Putting your picture into the login screen and START menu
The goofy, cartoonish looking new START button
That dumb-ass dog (search companion)
Error reporting enabled by default - sending Microsoft everything
Internet firewall (which firewalls out what you need and lets m$ in when they want)
Remote access tools

M

Matt

Quote^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Are you saying this because you have Windows 2000 on your PC??? Plus, Windows XP has a file protecting procedure so nothing but Microsoft updates can change system files. Windows XP is worth it alone for the ridding of the ugly sickish cold interface pervious versions had.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
whenever i had xp on my PC i had file protection off so that litepc could remove IE

and 2000 is faster and more stable... also smaller :) it has a nice look, doesn't comapre to OS X though

and i wonder why windows update is web based and can only be used wit AAAAAIIIIIIEEEEE 5 and above

W

wickedbusa

Matt said:
Quote^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Are you saying this because you have Windows 2000 on your PC??? Plus, Windows XP has a file protecting procedure so nothing but Microsoft updates can change system files. Windows XP is worth it alone for the ridding of the ugly sickish cold interface pervious versions had.
Obviously the file protection procedure isn't all that great since viruses are continually being created to find the wonderful "holes" in XP. You ever wonder why there are so many "Security Updates" when you have XP?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
the protection just stops you deleting ie :mad:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Matt said:
Quote^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Outstanding! Pity they totally forgot about the registry, Oooops, no they didn't, that can't be fixed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, if there was no Microsoft, Apple would have all that market share... Steve Jobs probably wouldn't have came back to the company, Microsoft wouldn't HAVE to fund Apple since they have all this money and market share...

N

Nightblade

Graeme43 said:
Microsoft's Mac division make an Office thats better than the actual one for doz :D lol!

Can you explain to me in what way? After all, Office on the PC is faster. Powerpoint has the F5 shortcut for viewing a slideshow, and inserting hyperlinks in PowerPoint takes less time on the Windows version too. Also, when inserting symbols on Office X, you can only use the three different fonts (the symbol fonts mainly), but on the Windows Office versions you can insert symbols from ANY font. Also, I've heard people having problems in Office X when they try to copy something from PowerPoint and insert it into Word (or the other way around) and apparently this problem isn't in the Windows versions. I don't know if any of these problems have been fixed in Office 2004 for Mac, but I assume they haven't (could someone who has Office 2004 please verify this?).

So, in what way exactly do you think that MacOffice is superior to WinOffice? I mean, Microsoft makes Windows, so wouldn't it make more sense for them to make the superior product for their OWN operating system? Or at the very least, the Mac and Windows versions are equal.

After all, MSN Messenger for Windows is FAR superior than the Mac version, and the same goes for Windows Media Player and for the most part, Internet Explorer (mainly due to the fact that toolbars can be added to Explorer for Windows and pages can be edited in Word or FrontPage).

So once again, I'll ask, what way exactly do you think that MacOffice is superior to WinOffice?

(NOTE: I realize they're not actually called MacOffice and WinOffice, but it's faster than saying "Microsoft Office for Mac" and "Microsoft Office for Windows")

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ummm :confused: :confused:

it looks nicer? :D :eek:

didn't you see the macoffice only features at the macworld 2004 keynote :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow... 3 Mac only features that you probably will never use! Nice!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.