what program do you recomend for peak performance?

Reaction score
hi, am a brand new user to this forums. (so sorry if i make mistakes)

well, tomorrow am gettiing my mac, and i was wondering what programs would you recommend could keep my mac at its best performance, and best security (as i dont think i need it but just to make sure)

also i was looking for a registry fixer/cleaner for Macs

so far, i heard O&O idefrag is a very good useful product, but am still researching for better things.

Thanks in Advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
also i was looking for a registry fixer/cleaner for Macs

so far, i heard O&O idefrag is a very good useful product
There's no registry in OS X, so no need for the first one.
Also, there is no need to defrag your HD either. Doing so won't get you any noticeable or grand result. If anything, it will take up some time out of your day and that is about it.

If you want your Mac to run at optimal performance, all you really need to do is leave it powered on 24x7 (not in sleep mode). OS X runs daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance scripts on its own between 0300 and 0530, based on your time zone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
RicOh As Devilboy says, Macs really do seem to take care of themselves. If you get impatient you could run Disk utility which is in the utilities section in Finder or you could download one of numerous aftermarket maintenance programs like Onyx.......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I find my iMac runs much faster if I shut it down every night. I know that's different than what most folk say to do. But it works for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP SR 2.2Ghz 15.4" LED
I find my iMac runs much faster if I shut it down every night. I know that's different than what most folk say to do. But it works for me.

I agree, why keep your computer on overnight (8-9 hrs) if you are not going to use it. Just a waste of electricity.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
I heard of this one great app, its called, uh.....Mac OS X, I think...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube 450Mhz 1Gb Ram, iBook G4 1.2Ghz 1.25Gb RAM
I agree with MaDDoG..
Onyx is the way forward..
it forces verification of scripts and permissions..
Also clears out all your logs and optimises ur HD for you (prob the closest thing to defrag on windows)
Basically it cleans all the cobwebs out ur system..
OS X is so well made it pretty much looks after itself anyway.. but Onyx is there for people who like to see the proof of seeing stuff being done to keep everything in order..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I agree, why keep your computer on overnight (8-9 hrs) if you are not going to use it. Just a waste of electricity.
Just turn off (dim) the display. You would be using no more power than a light bulb... less, actually. It really isn't anything to worry about with regards to power consumption or wasting electricity. You actually have the potential to use more electricity powering it off and on again than you would leaving it idle with the screen dimmed down.

http://www.apple.com/environment/energyefficiency/

http://www.macsimumnews.com/index.php/archive/macbasics_leave_your_mac_on_or_shut_it_down

http://weblog.infoworld.com/enterprisemac/archives/2006/02/imac_keeps_its.html

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~dols0011/content/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.