Excited! But one question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro: 2.2 gHz, 120gb, glossy. STOLEN :(
Well after about 2 weeks, my MPB has finally shipped. Got the email at 3 am this morning to tell me it left Shanghai. It should be coming in Friday, the wait has been painful but I can't wait to get it. Anyways, with the new iLife '08 being revealed today, does anyone believe it will be shipped with my new MBP or will I be receiving the old iLife'06? If they do indeed ship the iLife '06 will I be able to walk into a Apple store and ask for the iLife '08 as I bought the MBP 2 weeks ago? Or will they shaft me and make me drop a nice $75 dollars? If they do shaft me, I believe it'll be worth it to just get the 08 anyways, but I'd like to know if it'd be possible that I received the newer iLife. Hope that makes sense. And I'd like to thank everyone in the forums for providing all the information I needed to purchase my first Mac! Thanks again everyone!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Well after about 2 weeks, my MPB has finally shipped. Got the email at 3 am this morning to tell me it left Shanghai. It should be coming in Friday, the wait has been painful but I can't wait to get it. Anyways, with the new iLife '08 being revealed today, does anyone believe it will be shipped with my new MBP or will I be receiving the old iLife'06? If they do indeed ship the iLife '06 will I be able to walk into a Apple store and ask for the iLife '08 as I bought the MBP 2 weeks ago? Or will they shaft me and make me drop a nice $75 dollars? If they do shaft me, I believe it'll be worth it to just get the 08 anyways, but I'd like to know if it'd be possible that I received the newer iLife. Hope that makes sense. And I'd like to thank everyone in the forums for providing all the information I needed to purchase my first Mac! Thanks again everyone!

My guess is that it will come with iLife '06, just based on the time-frame. I'm sure you could ask for iLife '08 at an Apple store or with a call to Apple and get it free of charge. If not, I would just ask to return it and then buy another since you're within your grace period.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro: 2.2 gHz, 120gb, glossy. STOLEN :(
Ah... I hope so. Thanks for the quick reply.
Another question though that's most likely been asked and answered over and over. I ordered my computer through the online store with the educational discount. Should I go to my local Apple store and just show them my receipt and university ID and Schedule to make sure that it gets charged correctly?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.8ghz MBP6,2(4gb) | 20" iMac | 1.8 & 2.0 Mini(4gb) | iPhone4 | iPad-4Wifi

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.