.Mac Web Gallery - won't work unless you have iPhoto '08?

Reaction score
What if a non Mac user has an iPhone and buys a .Mac account? Can they use Web Galleries? I don't have iLife '08 yet (it's in the mail), and I noticed via my .Mac account I'm unable to create a Web Gallery.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
That's a good point I think it should work. IT's a little shady to make a feature for a service that is useless unless you pay to upgrade other software. Maybe I'm being a little harsh, but it seems to go against Apple's way of doing things we've all come to know and appreciate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.8ghz MBP6,2(4gb) | 20" iMac | 1.8 & 2.0 Mini(4gb) | iPhone4 | iPad-4Wifi
Reaction score
Same problm here, I click the link to add a gallery and it just takes me to the web gallery home page. This stinks! I JUST bought my .mac account like 2 months ago! Anyone find out anything?

Reaction score
I asked at the Apple store when I bought iLife '08. According to them,(Indianapolis area) web galleries will not work without iPhoto '08 as far as uploading goes. However, anyone can view your web gallery once posted (PC, Mac, whatever). Pretty lame if you ask me.

Hope that helps, if you have any other specific questions I can try to answer them. I uploaded a set of pics last night to check, works pretty nicely. Very fast to upload and very easy to do. I'd say 5 minutes for the whole process with the software update for iPhoto '08 included in that time frame.

The Web Galleries are pretty cool. Probably the nicest and simplest hosting I've worked with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Hmm. I think I just changed my mind about renewing my account, in that case. While I plan to get iLife 08, I'm not getting it straight away and photos are the only reason I use .Mac.

That's pretty sneaky.

Reaction score
I think the improvements to iLife warrant the $79 purchase, but I'm still not sure about .Mac warranting $100. My .Mac expires in December, I'll have to see what new tricks Leopard has up it's sleeve for .Mac before I renew.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
so you can't upload photos to a regular page any more with ilife 06?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
so you can't upload photos to a regular page any more with ilife 06?

You can do regular pages as always, but you can't use the new Photo Galleries -
certainly not with iPhoto '06, and there doesn't seem to be any manual way of doing it on the website either.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.