iWork 08 trial download

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
No, iMovie 08 and iMovie 06 do not share files. They have different capabilities when it comes to 3rd party plugins which is why iMovie 06 stays after you install iLife 08.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Don't delete the previous iMovie- Apple leaves it there because iMovie '08 isn't the '06 version with more features, it's a new application with the same name. The new one doesn't support third-party plugins, for example. It is safe to delete the old version, but I wouldn't.

Actually if you don't use 3rd party plugins, I would delete iMove 06. If you ever needed it back, you could always download it for free from Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15,4" 2,2Ghz - Nvidia 8600GT - 2Gb Ram / iPhone 1st Gen 16gb
ye i dont use any 3rd party plug ins...and i dont think ill ever use the old iMovie again..so i think ima delete it...
thx guys :)
Love both new iLife and iWork 08...now thinking if i should buy iWork 08.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15,4" 2,2Ghz - Nvidia 8600GT - 2Gb Ram / iPhone 1st Gen 16gb
why exactly?
Weird...i cant import a .mov video into iMovie 08.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Is there any difference between the trial version and the bought version from apple? I do want to buy it from apple. I'd just like to know.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Is there any difference between the trial version and the bought version from apple? I do want to buy it from apple. I'd just like to know.

For the first 30 days after you install the Trial there is no difference in any way. After the 30 days, it continues to work but will not let you save. So yes, during trial period they are exactly the same.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wouldn't even think of deleting im06. That's nuts. but that's jMO though.

Why? The only advantage of iMovie 06 is plugin support, but if you don't use them why does it matter. I would be iMovie 08 gains plugin support soon.

In addition you can download iMovie 06 for free so I'm not really sure it matters if you keep in or not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Well I've been happy with NeoOffice - but I do feel like it is missing something (although I do struggle to put my finger on what that might be).

Now that iWork includes Numbers - I've decided to go for it and buy a copy (oh and the price is great as well). My spreadsheet requirements are fairly limited so don't think I'll have too many problems with Numbers/excel compatibility.

Unfortunately I've been unable to find it in any stores (Only checked John Lewis and 3 PC World outlets like). Not that it's a big deal like; ordered it from Apple and expect it later this week. :)

Reaction score
Ok, downloaded it, tried it (briefly). Am very impressed with its looks. I have a feeling Apple might be getting more of my money. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
<SNIP>

Unfortunately I've been unable to find it in any stores (Only checked John Lewis and 3 PC World outlets like). Not that it's a big deal like; ordered it from Apple and expect it later this week. :)

Well it came yesterday - that was super speedy delivery. It was waiting for me when I got back last night - not had much time to check it out yet as I had to go straight back out and wasn't back until a silly time... Anyway trying to stay on point here - Wow - I love some of those templates that you can choose from when opening Numbers - I never thought home finances could look so pretty :)

I never tried the demo of iWork06 when I got my MacBook so this is a first for me (in terms of Pages), I'd say pages seems like a cross between MS Word and MS Publisher - both are powerful apps but Pages seems to have more than I'll need for most of my letters.

Great stuff - really looking forward to getting home in an hour or so and playing with it - and when could you say something like that about an MS product? ;)

Slightly concerned that the UPS guy knew it was from Apple though (I couldn't notice any obvious signs) more concerned that he said looks like an iPod when he got someone to sign for it - half expect to be robbed now for the iPod he thinks he delivered <- paranoia

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
From my playing around with it Pages '08 seem very naural and easy to work with.... powerful but not cluttered. Oh btw how do you make page breaks with it? In word --- and enter would produce a page break but in pages it justs hows the text ---

Reaction score
OK first question: I have been trying to go thru some of the tutorials on the Apple homepage but it only plays for about fifteen seconds then it freezes - no more tutorial!! Anyone else having this problem??

Reaction score
OK first question: I have been trying to go thru some of the tutorials on the Apple homepage but it only plays for about fifteen seconds then it freezes - no more tutorial!! Anyone else having this problem??

Disregard. Must have been a lot of people trying to access it at the same time. This morning worked my way thru the tutorials just fine. I am impressed with this program. Still playing with it, but looks like it might replace NeoOffice. I like the merge ability with Address Book.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
I love iWork 08. I've never really liked the concept of spreadsheets but Numbers is simply awesome. Deleting Office 2004....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i downloaded the trial but never really used it. i should cos i think it looks good compared of lwork 06. although i prefer office.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" imac, standard apart from 256Mb VRAM
I'm impressed!

Numbers is so much better for my useage than Excel is.

Keynote is excellent (though a bit limited in places) but one gripe is that you can't export a preesentation as a self running file.

The way you use images in pages is fantastic - just drag an image around and the text automatically shifts around to fit.

I'll be paying for this when the trial period is over for sure!

Reaction score
i'll try it but don't expect it is 'there' yet...but then again neither is Google Apps...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.