Apple Store Questions

Reaction score
I wasn't quite sure where to ask this so I'll throw it in here maybe for the benefit of the switchers (I myself am not a switcher, unless you consider using multiple OS's at the same time switching :p)

Anyways I am going to the Apple Store in Nashville, TN in a few weeks to purchase me a 2.0Ghz model of the Macbook Pro. The reason for a store visit is that I don't have time to actually have one of these bad boys shipped to me. (I leave for Germany on the 22nd of August and won't have the money till probably the week before that)

Now if I visit the store what is the chance of them having the 2.0Ghz model in stock? I'll be visiting either on a Monday or a Friday, I don't know what day is their restock day. The other reason for the 2.0Ghz model is that I don't want to spend over 2k (with student discount) on the MBP. (If I remember correctly, the 2.2Ghz model 15" is 2,200 with discount)

I know it kinda sounds like a dumb question but I've never been into an apple store before :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
The basic macbook pro model they sell is the 15" 2.2 GHz model... you can't get the 2.0 anymore. The current 15" 2.2 GHz "base" model with student discount is $1799, and a free iPod (which you could turn around and sell if you needed more money), and $100 off a printer (or free if the printer is $100, or you could sell it as well). I don't see why they wouldn't have them in stock. Call ahead, but I don't think it would be a problem.

OP
Dominion
Reaction score
Hrm I must have missed something then or the Compusa REALLY marks them up, they had the 2.2 model for 2300$ today. Well thanks for the info, I will call them before I head there mainly because it's a 2 1/2 hour drive :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
I wouldn't trust CompUSA too much, just call the store like you said and make sure they have what you want before you make the trip. I am sure they will have what you want when you get there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
Look at the apple website...that's where I got the info from.

OP
Dominion
Reaction score
Look at the apple website...that's where I got the info from.

The website has store stock?

And the more I thought about it, the more I realized that there are only two 15" models and it would be pretty lame if they didn't atleast have one of em instock. Unless there was an insane discount.

It's a shame my nearest Apple store is 4-6 hours away :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.