Remote Desktop Mac to PC

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the Mac world. Does anyone know a program that will allow remote desktop.
I have a PC desktop (the computer I want to access remotely) and a Mac Book 2.00.
Can anyone direct me towards software and tutorials and let me know if they have personally succeeded in having a remote connection.

Thanks,

Lewis

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I used this free remote service from www.logmein.com

It's Java based, and you just install a small applet on your Windows box. Go to LogMeIn.com and login, and you can add a list of remote PC's you want to access remotely.

Being Java-based, it runs through your browser.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
punkrOxOr,
RDC is 100x faster than logmein (which I use as a backup). On a LAN, RDC is near real-time.

OP
L
Reaction score
Ya unfortunatly you need to be running Windows XP Pro in order to run RDC. I only am running XP Home.

Logmein here I come

Lewis

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Macbook Pro, 2GB RAM, OSX v10.5
Being Java-based, it [LogMeIn] runs through your browser.

On the PC side, there's a dedicated extension for Firefox that works far better than the basic Java applet. I don't know if the extension would work on the Mac's Firefox, but it'd be worth giving it a try, as you get a lot more functionality.

LogMeIn is also available for the Mac.

J

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.