Just Got Home!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.4 C2D, 2Gb, 320Gb HD, 500GB External OWC FW800, 17" MBP, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb, 500Gb HD, iPhone.
Well, after lurking here for a while since I decided to switch, I just got back from the Apple Store with my new 24" iMac! I've been waiting somewhat patiently for today, and after multiple calls to the store the FedEx truck finally arrived.

Here's the new iMac ready to be unboxed:

mac1.jpg

And here's where it will go:

mac2.jpg

Now to open the requisite Sam Adams and get to work!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Omg! I want to see pictures! Congrats!!! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Congrats, save for the Sam Adams part. haha j/k

Welcome to the board, BTW. :)

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, Joe Diver. Quite a gorgeous Mac you got there! Congrats! :)

OP
Joe Diver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.4 C2D, 2Gb, 320Gb HD, 500GB External OWC FW800, 17" MBP, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb, 500Gb HD, iPhone.
Thanks everyone...I'll post pics and comments after a while....gotta bet busy ya know!!!;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro. 2.3Ghz Intel Core i7 running OSX 10.14.6, 16GB Ram
I'm jealous of your Mac for sure. But I'm also jealous of all those guitars!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Welcome to the board, I am very interested in seeing pics of the new iMac because im not much of a fan of it. Maybe real pics in a home environment will change my mind.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16 GHz 250Gb HDD 2.5Gb RAM
Congrats!!

Haha looks like u just vacuumed the carpet for the new imac :thumbsup: :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Heh, I like the beer. Nice touch.

The other day I was cleaning up my office and unearthed the box my Macbook came in. Took one look at it and said "nah, I can't throw that away even though it's unlikely I'll ever need to ship the Mac anywhere; it's just too pretty."

Before I switched to the Mac I had heard of this packaging phenomenon and couldn't believe that people posted pics of unpacking the thing. It's just one of those things you need to get a Mac in order to understand.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16 GHz 250Gb HDD 2.5Gb RAM

The other day I was cleaning up my office and unearthed the box my Macbook came in. Took one look at it and said "nah, I can't throw that away even though it's unlikely I'll ever need to ship the Mac anywhere; it's just too pretty."

Before I switched to the Mac I had heard of this packaging phenomenon and couldn't believe that people posted pics of unpacking the thing. It's just one of those things you need to get a Mac in order to understand.
Lol theres tons of videos on youtube of people unpacking their macs :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2ghz Core 2 Duo Macbook; 80gig HDD; 1gb Ram; iLife '08; Mac:Office; Firefox!
Definitely post more pics.....want to see it all up on the desk and ready for use. I like the Sam Adams touch as well.....although im a Blue Moon gal lately myself LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD

There was a guy that run a service for Mac Mini owners, where he'd hook 'em up to a blazing fast internet connection for use as personal servers (I've forgotten what they call it; collocation?). Anyway, he kept all the boxes and would just pile them up, and take pictures of them... it's like art :p

OP
Joe Diver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay...taking a short break....

I unpacked the box...not much in there but that's as it should be!

mac3.jpg

That new keyboard is really cool...very thin and sleek...I think I like it but time will tell:

mac4.jpg

Got it all setup, booted up and the initial stuff done: (note the wireless Mighty Mouse :D )

mac6.jpg

Now the process of copying files, setting things up, bookmarks, iTunes...I have ALOT of stuff so thank God for networking:

mac5.jpg

So far so good...only problem I've run into is iTunes creating duplicate entries of all my songs...that's not gonna work....I've tried twice now to add my "Music" folder to the library, same result each time....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Thanks for sharing! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
See, I'm on the fence about that keyboard. It's exactly the same as my Macbook keyboard, just not attached to a Macbook. I don't mind using my Macbook keyboard during the day when I don't have my now old-school Apple wireless bluetooth keyboard, but I don't know that I'd be able to use that style of keyboard all the time.

I know that many people love the new keyboard form factor (those who have used it on a Macbook, and probably those who will buy the new USB thin aluminum that's pretty much the same), but I'm still not sure about it. I don't think that I'd get one of those new ones as my external keyboard.

It all looks pretty dang sexy though.

To copy the iTunes, I'd do a DVD backup to disc on the source computer if you can, then a restore on the new iMac. But that's just me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro: 2.2 gHz, 120gb, glossy. STOLEN :(
oh my goodness, that looks smexy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini | 2.0GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 120GB HD ||| Black MacBook | 2.16GHz C2D | 2GB RAM
congrats! i saw one in the local apple store today and they are **** sexy! i watched a guy buy 3 of them, and another woman buying hers. i walked out with my mini and felt special :)

OP
Joe Diver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've sorta worked around my iTunes issue....I think it may have had something to do with my Playlists or the way I had the music stored. Rather than just select the "Music" folder and let iTunes do it's thing....which results in duplicate entries, I just selected each folder and added that way....I have to repopulate my Playlists though...not too big a deal. No more duplicates this way and I'm almost finished with iTunes.

I've shared my dirs on my PC and am mounting them up so I can just grab/drag/drop....makes the volume of stuff much easier to manage than burning DVD's....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 ' aluminum iMac , 2gb Ram 320 gb HDD @ 7200 RPM 2.4 ghz.
How did you get it so soon i ordered one of the original iMac's last week on the apple website, so whent eh enw ones came out i was ****** but i called and they upgraded me for free and i saved 500 bucks and it should be here september 12th, they also said that cause i ordereed mine a week ago mine was gonna be one of the first. ***?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I believe he may have gone to the Apple store himself and got one there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.