Geeze...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
So I had decided to get the black macbook and hook it up to an external monitor...

...but after seeing the iMacs today and what I can get for the same price as a macbook, I am going to suck it up and get the $1499 iMac tomorrow during my "personal shopping" appointment. Argh! And I had it all figured out too!

I don't really need the portability, and the iMacs just have so much in them I just can't pass them up. If I find I need portability in the future, I'll get a low-end macbook.

Grr!! Just when my mind was all made up!

Anyone wanna see pictures tomorrow after I get it??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
OP
kuklachica
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
Ok, I'll take pics of before, during, and after set up!

Do these iMacs still take the same memory as the macbooks? SO0DIMM DDR2 667 PC5300?? I am going to order more RAM right now from newegg, but wanted to make sure I get the right stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
So I had decided to get the black macbook and hook it up to an external monitor...

...but after seeing the iMacs today and what I can get for the same price as a macbook, I am going to suck it up and get the $1499 iMac tomorrow during my "personal shopping" appointment. Argh! And I had it all figured out too!

I don't really need the portability, and the iMacs just have so much in them I just can't pass them up. If I find I need portability in the future, I'll get a low-end macbook.

Grr!! Just when my mind was all made up!

Anyone wanna see pictures tomorrow after I get it??
Don't be too surprised if they don't actually have any of the just-released iMacs in stock when you go in. Unless your personal shopping appointment is at Apple HQ.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Don't be too surprised if they don't actually have any of the just-released iMacs in stock when you go in. Unless your personal shopping appointment is at Apple HQ.
Dont they usually have the new products shipped in before they are released so they are available after being revealed?

Reaction score
Nope, when they release you can run to the store usually. No point waiting forever longing for the next big thing. However, rumors come out ahead of time about products. If they talk about it at one of the big Mac conventions then it can be in testing like the iphone was. Most of the time a release date comes out and then they are there. It is not unusual to have something announced and released immediately - depending on how large the upgrade is or whether it is a new product.

OP
kuklachica
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
(6:30 pm EST) Just called the Apple store I'll be going to in NH and they already have all the iMacs in stock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16 GHz 250Gb HDD 2.5Gb RAM
(6:30 pm EST) Just called the Apple store I'll be going to in NH and they already have all the iMacs in stock.

Cool! Take pics!! I want to see the imac in its natural state and not all edited :)

OP
kuklachica
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Will do.. if I remember I'll take pics in the store, too. That way you can see the differences between the two sizes in real life. Do they allow pics in stores??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.