College student: Macbook Pro vs iMac

Reaction score
If you have the money, get a MBP, a Dell 24 inch monitor, bluetooth kb/mouse. You can then choose whether you want to use both monitors or just the 24 incher. My home desktop has dual monitors and my work system has three. I have an extra laptop on my home system that I can fire up to display realtime market info.

Reaction score
if you get the macbook pro you will have to lug it around campus all day, also you wont be able to walk away from it. Anyway, I find taking notes by hand is much easier.
I say get the iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2GHz Intel Quad-Core i7 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM Mac OS X Snow Leopard v10.6.6
It's a VERY personal decision, which is a balance of a whole variety of different variables, the ratios of which are vastly different, depending on your personal circumstances.

Take _into consideration_ the members opinions given herein, but I wouldn't let any one of these decisions sway you; we are all different.

IMO this has to be the best answer so far! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
If you have the money, get a MBP, a Dell 24 inch monitor, bluetooth kb/mouse. You can then choose whether you want to use both monitors or just the 24 incher. My home desktop has dual monitors and my work system has three. I have an extra laptop on my home system that I can fire up to display realtime market info.
We're not all rich...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Unibody MBP, 2.8ghz, 500gig, 4gig
if you wont stay at a dormitory just getthe iMac..but if you will stay at a dormitory you should get a mbp i think..but as it has been said it is a very very personal decision,you should figure out what you really need,portability and power or very very high performance and a desktop system which you even wouldnt bother move in the house...

OP
C
Reaction score
I live in an on campus apartment. I also want to say that I live in NJ during the summer/winter breaks whereas I go to school in Louisiana. Since it is an on campus apartment (an apt treated as a dorm), we are subject to dorm rules such as not being able to keep things in the room over the summer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Unibody MBP, 2.8ghz, 500gig, 4gig
I live in an on campus apartment. I also want to say that I live in NJ during the summer/winter breaks whereas I go to school in Louisiana. Since it is an on campus apartment (an apt treated as a dorm), we are subject to dorm rules such as not being able to keep things in the room over the summer.

then the obvious choice would be a mbp i think or a mb..think about it man,you'll go to home for summer and in one hand you can have the choice of just stuffing your mbp into your backpack,in the other hand considering of moving a giant 'desktop' computer...of course the choice is yours but this is only my opinion....
my choice will be a mbp,cuz i will be flying a lot,during the year..
i just cent decide 15inch or 17inch:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.