Painting

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
Ok, here's the deal. Bought my ibook in jan 2004. It is the snow white dual usb 14.1 ibook. I am thinking of painting this bad boy but was wondering a few things. Is the plastic shell actually clear plastic that has been painted or it this died white plastic? I have read a lot on this and wanted to know has anyone here attempted this? This seems like a pretty straight-forward, yet time consuming project. Anyone have any suggestions on the proper type of paint to use? I am thinking translucent lightbulb paint. Probably gonna attempt this the upcoming weekend, so if anyone has any suggestions or knows what kind of plastic this baby is made of, please all comments are welcome. I will post some pics after I am done. Also curious if anyone thinks those airbrushers you see custom airbrushing license plates and motorcycle helmets at fairs and flea markets would be able to custom airbrush an ibook????? HMMMM, now I am really thinking!!! Thanks!!!

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.