Getting A Dell Printer to Work with Mac Notebook

Reaction score
Hello,

We purchased a Mac Notebook for our son and would like to know if there are any shareware drivers that would allow his Dell Printer to work with his notebook.

Have tried to search this forum but was unable ti find a specific answer.

TIA,

Bob

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 C2D Black MacBook, Ram = 1gb, 120gb HDD
Im pretty sure it wont work.. we tried with our dell all in one for days with no success

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Dell doesn't make drivers for Mac OS. However, Dell printers are just rebadged Lexmarks. So, if you can find the Lexmark equivalent printer model, you can usually download and use a Lexmark driver.

What printer model is it?

OP
T
Reaction score
Dell doesn't make drivers for Mac OS. However, Dell printers are just rebadged Lexmarks. So, if you can find the Lexmark equivalent printer model, you can usually download and use a Lexmark driver.

Good question...

the front says PictBridge and the back tag states 4411-0d3.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good question...

the front says PictBridge and the back tag states 4411-0d3.

PictBridge is an interface, Dell printers typically have a model number like A960 or something like that. Can you take a closer look for me?

OP
T
Reaction score

it's a Dell Model 942

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
it's a Dell Model 942

That's a tough one. The Linux Printer Compatibility Database says that it's a "paperweight". Meaning, most of the printer's brains are in software, so the driver is extremely complex. Since it doesn't have any support in Linux, it's going to be difficult or impossible to find a Mac-friendly driver. I am still attempting to cross-reference it with a Lexmark model (The Linux Compatibility database usually does that for you), but am having a hard time. Give me some time and I'll see what I can come up with.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I found a reference that seems to indicate that the 942 is a rebranded Lexmark p6250. If that's true, give this driver a shot. You may have to manually add the printer and choose the driver from the list.

OP
T
Reaction score
I found a reference that seems to indicate that the 942 is a rebranded Lexmark p6250. If that's true, give this driver a shot. You may have to manually add the printer and choose the driver from the list.

Thanks cwa107, I will try that driver and will let you know the results.

Reaction score
i wonder if you can help me too?

hello,

i am wondering whether or not it wold be possible to connect a Dell Colour Laser 3010cn Printer to our iBook G4, using a usb connection. i have so far been unable to find any sort of macintosh driver for this model. i found this thread through google. however, i have no idea whether or not the 3010cn is an old enough model to be a re-dressed lexmark. hopefully you will be able to shed some light onto the matter.:Oops: :| if you can, please email me at nerdarmycommander @gmail.com

MRH

Reaction score
Dell 3010cn needs MAC OS X (Snow Lepord) driver

Is there a driver for the Dell 3010cn color Printer that is compatable with a MAC OS X (Snow Lepord)? Have looked and asked Dell still no luck.... your help is really appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.