• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple Television Network?

Reaction score
Sitting here, waiting for the Apple Media Event, watching the NFL Network, it hit me. Why isn't there an Apple Television Network? Could you imagine anything cooler?

Adobe, all by themselves, could have a whole slew of weekly, half hour to hour long, television series devoted to each of their products. Each week, a new project for the show... or, a continuing project broken into segments. Apple could have the same types of series devoted to the iLife apps, iWork, iTunes, etc...

Gadget shows could work well. Reviews, previews, etc about all sorts of different peripherals for Apple products.

How about a weekly dashboard widget show, devoted to showcasing all the cool little widgets that come out every week.

Some of the Apple related podcasts could get their own show.

You could try to get Digg to put their show on air... or some other social bookmarking type show.

There could be an Apple Total Access type show every evening, full of all the news snippets that get posted on blogs all day long.

How about a show that travels around doing segments on different people, and the crazy things they do with their Macs?

Of course, all the Mac Media Events could be televised and analyzed.

I bet you could easily do a daily 'Inside Tiger/Leopard' show...iPod...iPhone...

You could probably fill some time with a show that shows previews of upcoming iTunes releases (movies, tv shows, albums, etc...)

A million 'How To' episodes for beginners.

Just the ramblings of a goof... I'd watch the heck out of it though.

edit: What about a gameshow that uses iPods, iPhones, or AppleTVs that could be linked up and played at home?

I should probably just stop now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
that would be so cool and it would help tons of people that are new to mac and apple

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.