How To Install Classic??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.93 GHz - 10.6.8
How do I install Classic on my iBook G4 (1Ghz)? I already have 10.4.10 installed. I have the Mac OS X Tiger Install DVD, but cannot find Classic to install.

I booted from the DVD, but there were no options to install Classic. Is Classic not available for Tiger? That would really be a major problem, because I have thousands of files that I need to acces, and cannot get to otherwise .... !!

Help!! Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
I believe on the newer Tiger discs (10.4.6 or so... around the time of the Intel switch) don't include Classic; you'll need one of the older DVDs.

OP
vja4Him
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.93 GHz - 10.6.8
Classic Successfully Installed!!

I believe on the newer Tiger discs (10.4.6 or so... around the time of the Intel switch) don't include Classic; you'll need one of the older DVDs.

Thanks for the advice. I found my old Panther (10.3.3) Install Disk, and successfullyl installed Classic. Now I can get to all my old family history files (many years of research!!!).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Congrats. I loved classic on my PowerBook.:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.