Macbook Pro Wireless

Reaction score
I have a 15inch MacBook Pro, Core 2 duo 2.33ghz, 2gb ram etc. I have been having some issues with my wireless. My friend and I share a wireless connection at home. She has an old Dell, about 2 years old. When we are in the same room, her connection has 4/5 strength, but my Macbook only has 1/5 or 2/5. It gets really annoying as sometimes mine drops out. Can anyone offer any advice??? Or explain why this might be happening.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
I guess the Aluminum casing of the MBP reduces signal reception. But this really shouldn't be the case when your friend's Dell is getting good signal in the same room. Perhaps try installing the latest AirPort patch from Apple?

OP
R
Reaction score
All drivers are fully up to date. Hmm..Just a bit irritating when it is constantly dropping out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's really strange. I've never dropped Wi-Fi signal before with my MBP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I guess the Aluminum casing of the MBP reduces signal reception.

That's odd. Many people cite the aluminum case for better reception and the reason MBPs get better reception than Macbooks.

I think your MBP has a problem. I carry mine all over my apartment and my sister's home where the router is in the basement and I'm on the 2nd floor and get full signal.

Maybe you can find someone else who has an MBP for bring it over and use as a control to test it. OR if you have an Apple store nearby, have it checked out and they can test it using their signal: see how far from the store you get before losing a signal compared to a new one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.