Wireless good - Internet no good

Reaction score
I've been battling an issue since before I purchased my Airport extreme router and MBP but I'm hoping someone has seen this and has an idea.

From time to time, I'm getting good signal from the router via wireless but I cannot access the internet. I've tried both the Airport Extreme router and a Linksys WRT-54G v6, both with the latest firmware updates. When I call Time Warner Cable, the local tech folks have me go through the same routine, the one that I tried before I called them. I power off and power up the router with no change. I reset the modem with no change. I connect directly to the modem with no change. Then, I get directed to the national trouble desk and they reset the modem and all is well for a day or a week and then it's the same problem.

Once in while, resetting the modem works and that could last for a day or two or a week. Today, the national tech support guy said that their system showed the modem has been up and working for two days. I asked him to check my account and he saw that for the last two days, I've had to call tech support because nothing was working. He didn't have an answer for that but, to his credit, he was interested and made a couple of suggestions.

Has anyone else had a problem like this?

Thanks
Craig

P.S. I forgot to mention that when this happens, I also check the system status. The guy that lives next door has a wireless setup and I have his permission to use it to access the internet when mine goes "kerflop". I never have a problem with his.......

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.