MBP Thermal Grease.

Reaction score
Hey so as a lot of you know the MBP has a serious heat problem. I've read online that reapplying the thermal gel significantly cools your MBP.

Is there somewhere I can take to have it done? Like the apple store? Would they do it there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2GHz, White 80GB iPod 5th Generation
I've never heard of that before but I don't think it sounds very advisable.. I wouldn't want to put any form of gel on my MBP. I am pretty sure it wouldn't be covered in your warranty either if it were to tamper with your MBP's ability to keep working.

Try getting a cooling pad. They place below the vents on the bottom and apparently do keep it cool. I don't know any brands unfortunately.

Apparently smcFanControl is a good program to have too!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24' Al_iMac 2.8GHz 4GB Ram 1TB HD, 15" PB 1.5GHz 1GB Ram 160GB HD, 2x30GB iPod, 2x Shuffle, Nano
There was a thread started several weeks back about this very problem. Very informative and even had pictures. Doesn't sound like something I would try though. I have done ram and hard-drive upgrades but this seems a little advanced. I'm sure it would void your warranty too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.