Questions about Mini

Reaction score
Hi,
I recently purchased - about 3 months ago now - a MacBook pro, and love it. I converted. I really would like to get a Mac desktop now, the only problem is the price. I was considering the mini.
Can it be used as a real computer? Does it have USB ports and CD\DVD burner? Do I need to purchase an external hard drive? Any additional information is good. Thanks, and have a good night.

Reaction score
Hi,
I recently purchased - about 3 months ago now - a MacBook pro, and love it. I converted. I really would like to get a Mac desktop now, the only problem is the price. I was considering the mini.
Can it be used as a real computer? Does it have USB ports and CD\DVD burner? Do I need to purchase an external hard drive? Any additional information is good. Thanks, and have a good night.

My bro uses it as his main computer. It only has a gig so its a bit slower than my macbook...it still light years ahead of any windoes. Dont spend money on a big HD. A tetrabyte HD is all anyone will ever need and they dont run much. It has 4 usb ports and a couple fire wire(i think). In any case you can get a hun if required. I really like the mini. Its a great piece of kit.

Since the new Imacs are coming out tomorrow you can probably find a current imac cheaper. In any case your good... a mac is a mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
The Mac Mini is a fully complete Apple Mac computer, but you have to supply the mouse, keyboard and monitor.

There should be an announcement about the state of the Mini at 10am Pacific Time.

It has all the usual USB ports and a CD burner. If you plump for the 'Superdrive' it comes with a DVD burner too.

Why not investigate it on the Apple site?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GHz Core Duo. 16Gb iPod Touch
My bro uses it as his main computer. It only has a gig so its a bit slower than my macbook...it still light years ahead of any windoes. Dont spend money on a big HD. A tetrabyte HD is all anyone will ever need and they dont run much. It has 4 usb ports and a couple fire wire(i think). In any case you can get a hun if required. I really like the mini. Its a great piece of kit.

Since the new Imacs are coming out tomorrow you can probably find a current imac cheaper. In any case your good... a mac is a mac.

ok lemme clarify what this user is sayin since its a lil confusing to the originator of this thread most likely....

when he says its only "a gig" he means memory....in which a gig is plenty and that wouldnt necessarily make it slower than a macbook, but the mini's have a lil slower processors than the current macbooks, not that much slower though! Also they come with 60 gig or 80 gig HDD's so you should be ok for a while

and uhhh a terabyte HD? dude unless you spend waaaaaay too much time on the computer, just get a 200 gig HDD if you need more room, lord, what are you gonna do with 1000 gigs?

and like stated above.....just look on apple.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.