Irritating MacBook issue

Reaction score
I am a relatively new Mac convert. I bought a MacBook White. I noticed that when I am using the on-board mouse, my palm (below the pinky finger) gets cut into by the hard plastic on the front of the base of the computer. I bought the Marware protection pack to put on the computer to protect it from scratches. Will it help with the discomfort? Any other ideas\solutions? Please help, this is really annoying and never happened with my - dare I say it *gag* - Compaq Presario laptop! Thanks....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
bottom-of-the-line MacBook
I have a similar product to the Marware stuff and it doesn't help. I've just adjusted my hand position to avoid it, but it is a really annoying problem that shouldn't be there.

Reaction score
I would take a gel pad or mouse pad with the wrist support and place it so it protects your hand. I rest my hand there but don't put any pressure on it to cause it to give me problems. If we were all using good keying technique we would not be resting our hands there but would be holding them off the edge. I have just given away that I don't practice what I am suppose to teach my students.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
If you're resting your hands on the edge then you're probably going to give yourself RSI in the long term. Your hands and wrists should form a straight line.

Reaction score
I had a friend who took light sandpaper and rounded the edge just slightly to prevent this, I havnt had an issue with mine due to the way I type... I guess it would work if you didnt mind sanding down part of your computer:eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 gig HDD @ 5400, 2 gig RAM, nVIDIA 8600
I guess thats incentive that apple give to upgrade to a MBP, your hands don't get cut :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.