Help with slowness inside LAN

Reaction score
Hey all, not sure this is a problem with my MBP or my network, but I am covering all bases. I have a forum and photo website running on a local host machine upstairs and it recently started being VERY slow to load on my MPB, but not on wired connections. Is this a problem with my airport card or settings perhaps?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hey all, not sure this is a problem with my MBP or my network, but I am covering all bases. I have a forum and photo website running on a local host machine upstairs and it recently started being VERY slow to load on my MPB, but not on wired connections. Is this a problem with my airport card or settings perhaps?

What kind of encryption are you using for the wireless network?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Method: WPA2 and WPA (PSK)
Encryption: TKIP and AES

Switch it over to WPA2/AES. We've had reports that switching from WEP/WPA to WPA2 results in significant performance gains with some routers.

OP
W
Reaction score
Doesnt seem to have helped. I should mention that everything other than my forum works fine, I think. Just my forum loads slowly, and I am perplexed as to why

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.