iBook G4 Getting Hot!

V

vjamacaddict

Just got my new 1Ghz G4 iBook Superdrive/Bluetooth several days ago. When we play DVD movies, the iBook get quite warm (actually hot). Is this normal? Is there software to check the temperature on the iBook?

Even when I had the iBook on a flat and even surface, it still was very warm. When not playing DVDs, the iBook doesn't get hot.

-- vjamacaddict

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
vjamacaddict said:
Just got my new 1Ghz G4 iBook Superdrive/Bluetooth several days ago. When we play DVD movies, the iBook get quite warm (actually hot). Is this normal? Is there software to check the temperature on the iBook?

Even when I had the iBook on a flat and even surface, it still was very warm. When not playing DVDs, the iBook doesn't get hot.

-- vjamacaddict
Very normal - try to keep the vents lower left corner clear for air, and never close the display without being sure sleep mode - shutdown is on :cool:

OP
V

vjamacaddict

iBook Sleep Mode ?

Why do you need to make sure the Sleep Mode is on? Can you damage anything?

-- vjamacaddict

witeshark said:
Very normal - try to keep the vents lower left corner clear for air, and never close the display without being sure sleep mode - shutdown is on :cool:

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Yeah... I saw a picture of a cracked and burnt display on Spymac because a PowerBook was not in sleep when uut was shut.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I love student discount (sig)
Go to energy saver and set it on dvd playback when watching dvd then :)

OP
T

The mac 13

it will b hot esp when u watch dvd..maybe u can get the ibook icurve...it will improve ventilation

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.