Problems with Boot Camp!? And DiskWarrior.

Reaction score
I had both Bootcamp and Paralles for a while, but decided to get rid of them. Now I want to load Bootcamp again, but I'm facing a lot of problems and I'm not sure what to do.

When I try to partition the disk using Boot Camp Assistant, I get the error "Verification failed. This disk could not be partitioned. Use Disk Utility to repair this disk."

When I go to Disk Utility, I select the volume, and click Verify disk. It appears to be verifying the disk, but I then get the message "First Aid failed. Disk Utility stopped verifying "Orange Juice"(the name of my laptop) because the follwing error was encountered: The underlying task reported failure on exit" and

"Verifying volume “Orange Juice”
Checking HFS Plus volume.
Checking Extents Overflow file.
Checking Catalog file.
Checking multi-linked files.
Checking Catalog hierarchy.
%)
Checking Extended Attributes file.
Checking volume bitmap.
Volume Bit Map needs minor repair
Checking volume information.
Invalid volume free block count
Invalid volume free block count
(It should be 4544029 instead of 4543674)",2)

The volume Orange Juice needs to be repaired.

Error: The underlying task reported failure on exit

1 HFS volume checked
Volume needs repair"

Looking online, I heard I should give DiskWarrior a shot, but I'm getting errors on that too. I installed DiskWarrior 4 in Applications, select Directory, select Orange Juice, and it says "Directory cannot be rebuilt, because this is the startup disk. Directory cannot be rebuilt, DiskWarrior resides on this disk." I can still create a Graph, which shows 28% errors (or something like that), but I can't rebuild.

So what should I do? All I want is to be able to run Windows on my Mac. I could do it before, why can't I do it now?

Reaction score
I found the only way to fix this is boot into Single User Mode (hold Cmd + S at boot) and then type fsck -f and let it run. If you get a message at the end that say VOLUME HAS BEEN MODIFIED or something like that, run fsck -f again and with any luck the problem will be fixed. Also keep in mind if you're using Leopard that I kept running into problems that I can only attribute to the Boot Camp Assistant borking the FAT32 partition (I figured this out after three install attempts early this morning). Once you get to the windows install screen have it reformat your boot camp partition to either NTFS or FAT32. You should be golden now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.