Thanks Best Buy!

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
New to the board and wanted to share my experience on my acquisition of my macbook.

Using my bestbuy server protection plan I had submitted my HP laptop for several repairs. I turned in the laptop 3x for screen issues among other problems. Turns out that on the 4th return they can declare a device scrap if returned for the same issue.

My request was simple "I want a Mac". After a week of on approval from best buy, they agreed and had given me a macbook. They only agreed to get me the 2.0 Ghz model; I had asked if I could get the MacBook Pro, unfortunately they were all out so I settled for the 2.16 white model (only one in stock). Due to all the chaos, I did not have to pay the difference between the 2.0 and the 2.16. Instantly if felt my luck has changed, was it due to the mac? hahaha....

Well it's been a week so far I'm still learning but I must say I love the almost instant bootup. I hope you all enjoyed my story. Sorry it was so long.

Thanks,
Mike

T

todd51

Wow, that sounds awesome Mike. Congratulations on the new Macbook, it's a great computer. I also love the almost instant bootups, but sometimes they are a bit slower than normal if I leave my computer on all the time. I'm okay with that though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Hi Everyone,
New to the board and wanted to share my experience on my acquisition of my macbook.

Using my bestbuy server protection plan I had submitted my HP laptop for several repairs. I turned in the laptop 3x for screen issues among other problems. Turns out that on the 4th return they can declare a device scrap if returned for the same issue.

My request was simple "I want a Mac". After a week of on approval from best buy, they agreed and had given me a macbook. They only agreed to get me the 2.0 Ghz model; I had asked if I could get the MacBook Pro, unfortunately they were all out so I settled for the 2.16 white model (only one in stock). Due to all the chaos, I did not have to pay the difference between the 2.0 and the 2.16. Instantly if felt my luck has changed, was it due to the mac? hahaha....

Well it's been a week so far I'm still learning but I must say I love the almost instant bootup. I hope you all enjoyed my story. Sorry it was so long.

Thanks,
Mike

Good story and welcome to the forums!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP | Mini | iPOD
Sounds like your luck is changing for the better. Congrats!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Mike Welcome to the Forums...

Great Story man. Macs always bring good luck ;P

Enjoy your new Superior MacBook, you'll love it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
I would have held out for a macbook pro but I'm a greedy son of a gun.

Still though, congrats and start enjoying no viruses, troubleshooting simplicity, and the general lovableness of a mac.

TWM

Reaction score
Good everything worked out for the better. i know when i buy a windows computer, i usually really like HP's... they seem to build a nice product. but for personal use... its all about my macbook. congrats on the new Mac, you will be a customer for life!!!

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you for the warm welcome guys. I'm loving my mac everyday I use it! I need to stop playing with it late at night, I'm not getting much sleep hahaha...

T

todd51

Thank you for the warm welcome guys. I'm loving my mac everyday I use it! I need to stop playing with it late at night, I'm not getting much sleep hahaha...

Try closing the lid and staring at the pulsating light in the dark...it always puts me to sleep :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16 GHz 250Gb HDD 2.5Gb RAM
Having any luck at Best Buy does require being lucky, very lucky ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.