Sites that can only be opened by internet explorer

Reaction score
There are quite a number of sites that could only be opened by IE. Is there a way to overcome this problem. I have tried using safari, firefox, opera, netscape. thx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be anything native to the Mac that can display IE-specific websites. The only way would seem to be either Boot Camp or a virtualization program such as Parallels or VMWare Fusion.

This is the reason why I have Parallels on my Mac. Just in case I run into a site that requires IE, I can just fire up Windows within OS X

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
If that's the reason you have Parallels on your Mac, you could probably just use Crossover instead. It will at least take shorter time for most of the stuff you'll view.

TWM

Reaction score
It sure seems that people would take into consideration when creating a website that there are more browsers out there than IE. even in the Pc world, i dont know to many people who use IE all the time. its usually firefox. and with the growing number of people using macs, by making a website that only works with IE, you are just limiting your business.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
I read somewhere that there was an Internet Explorer plug in for FireFox. I'll look it up and let ya know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
If I remember correctly, that plugin just embeds the IE rendering engine into a Firefox tab. In other words, you still need IE installed on your (windows) computer to use it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Darn it... The good news there is a Plug in for FireFox, the Bad news it isn't released for Mac OSX... bummer!

Sorry!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Yea, I would have suggest IETab if he were using Windows.

I rarely turn on Parallels as 99.9% of the websites I visit work just fine in Firefox. So firing up Parallels once in a blue moon isn't that big of a deal.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.