Inverted screen

Reaction score
I had an unusual thing happen with my iMac running Mac OS X 10.4.7. I installed Parallel in order to use Windows XP. I wanted to have a video call in Messanger, which isn't supported on the Mac. ((yes I realize there are alternatives) Anyhow, soon after the video chat the screen inverted - blue to yellow, black to white. I reinstalled Mac OS X 10.4.4 from my system disks but it wouldn't go away. I finally made backup and initialized and installed, which fixed it. Question...anyone else had this experience? Was it possibly caused because I had XP using Parallel. I did have to install a separate web cam..
Now running OS X 10.4.10... all's back to normal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Sounds like you switchd the High Contrast thing on in the Accessibility settings. There's a hotkey for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
hahaha. Buddy you wasted alot of time. Sorry but is is pretty funny that you did all that when you could have just pressed Control+Option+Command+8.

OP
S
Reaction score
Cheers, I read later about ctrl, alt, command + 8, when I looked through some previous posts. Sad thing is that I called the company I bought the iMac from and they suggested it was a hardware problem but recommended I reinstall OS X first. I'll scan the forum next time before I do anything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.