mbp - flashing sleep light on start up

Reaction score
I plugged in an external HD I first used on a Windows machine then the whole computer freezes except for the mouse cursor. I tried turning the computer off by pressing the power button but nothing happens.

So I unplugged the power supply and removed the battery. I then put the battery back in and plugged in the power cord. I tried turning on my computer but all that appears on the screen is a white page. And the sleep light keeps flashing by 3 blinks at a time.

I tried booting the computer holding down the option key. and I tried booting with the OSX disc. But these methods failed.

Any ideas on how to solve the problem?

Reaction score
I would also appreciate a solution, i just got a MyBook pro with my macbook pro, and just now i opened up my comp, and the cursor was frozen... then i hit the power button to shut down and it just went to a white screen until i disconnected the firewire 800 cord.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
check all your sofware is up to date. otherwise if it wont work ring apple cos you have 90 free support i think.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.