Can I use Dreamweaver with my .mac account?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.4GHz MBP
I'm very very new to website publishing. I'd really like to get into it and my motivation is to make a site in which the family(Spread out all over the world) can keep in touch with, post pictures/videos. Also my first nephew was born this past Monday, and I would like to share it with family back home as well as the rest of the world.

I have a .mac account and I've been using iWeb, but I'd like something better and design my own using Dreamweaver.

My question is, is there anyway for me to design pages/website with dreamweaver and then upload it to my .mac website? I just recently started using dreamweaver and if I udnerstand it correctly, I design the page the way I want it to look and it stores all files I need on my local HDD, and when I'm ready to make it live on the web I would simply upload all the info to a server, correct? Will my .mac account allow me to do that?

Any help on this is greatly appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo, PPC G4
The answer to your question is yes and here's the link to a tutorial I wrote on how to use a program like DreamWeaver with .Mac:

http://homepage.mac.com/cjrtools/ebooks/howtos/multiple-websites.html

If you have any questions about the tutorial or .Mac websites, please contact me, either through this forum or offline (my email address is on my website).

Claire

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.