BEST Wireless Router For Speed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.06Ghz 4G Ram| iPhone 3G 8Gb
Hey guys,

I have been looking around a bit and up until now i havent realized that speed is a big thing.. lol

in the sence that im only a D-LINK Di524 which transfers at 54mps..

i was on the D-LINK site and was looking around and saw that i can have routers that tranfer upto 104mps..

im on a 20/1MP ADSL+2 connection.. i get decent connections when downloading torrents and things like that.. will i notice a change in my work ect.. web sites ect..?

i download about 100gig of stuff every month.. and if it can be faster lol then so be it! lol

i just dont want to spend a million dollars on a router if im no going to see big changes...?? and at this point would it be worth investing in a Airport?

Or just a good Wireless G router or something like that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Unless you're transferring files between computers over the wireless network, a faster router won't really do you much good since your current one is already faster than your Internet connection.

Only way you'll notice an increase in download speeds is by getting a faster Internet connection.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
As Kash stated... it's your (and most everyone's) ISP tat s slowing you down.... not your router.

OP
bennjiboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.06Ghz 4G Ram| iPhone 3G 8Gb
cooool!!

thanks kash! i wasnt sure, i even work for my ISP lol and i get a crappy connection like everyone else in the country lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" white 2.16Ghz, 2Gb ram, 120gb hd
there is another option for a faster connection since most if not all ISP's cap all connections... www.secureix.com it's a secure vpn connection that is "free"... another option is to try and change settings on your router in regards to dns information... one website i recommend is opendns.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC 20"!! WOOH YEAH!! 2gb ram - 250gb hd 2.16ghz core 2 duo
there is another option for a faster connection since most if not all ISP's cap all connections... www.secureix.com it's a secure vpn connection that is "free"... another option is to try and change settings on your router in regards to dns information... one website i recommend is opendns.com

I have a few questions about securix,

• Is this a con?
  • Will my details be speard all around the internet lik nobodies buisness?
  • how much "faster" does it make your connection?
  • why is it free?

ok thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" white 2.16Ghz, 2Gb ram, 120gb hd
secureix is not a con... it's a vpn service that has two options...

Option 1: membership service which requires payment (access to more servers for a vpn connection)
Option 2: free (access to 2 servers for a connection to a secure vpn connection

No your details will not be spread around the internet like nobodies business

it makes your connection noticeably faster but not blazing fast.. So if you are wondering or thinking if it will make your line seem like you have a T1 connection, the answer is no... secureix is designed to make your connection faster, secure, and safe... Due to the fact that isp's cap download and upload speeds, secureix encrypts your connection so as to make it seem you are on a private work vpn...

As for you question of why is it free... Look at the secureix FAQ page and it will tell you all you need to know about secureix and why it is and isn't free

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.