• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Fake Steve!! Noooooo!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP - 2.2GHz C2D, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD, GeForce 8600M GT w/ 128MB DDR3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
It sounds like he wanted to be found out.

OP
brentsax
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP - 2.2GHz C2D, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD, GeForce 8600M GT w/ 128MB DDR3
I would not have read the Times article had I not already known the identity of the guy. They have his name and picture on Engadget's front page, which is where I first saw the news.

The Times article says that Forbes.com is going to host it now, but I don't think I want to read it anymore since I know who it is...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
It won't be as fun any more. People won't think of a fake Steve in their imagination. They'll think of the real writer and it will be ruined.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13" Core Duo, White, 512mb RAM
I had never heard of him. Who is he, and what did he do?
Was he just a guy who worked for apple and leaked information about new Apple products in his blog?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM + 20" ACD
No. He wrote a blog as if he were Steve Jobs, while hidding his identity and making clear he wasn't really SJ, all while never leaving character.

It's a sad day when reporters feel the need to clarify everything for people and destroy the mystique. Next week NYT readers will have forgotten, and the once-great blog will be diminished. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.