Audio

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2GHz Intel Quad-Core i7 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM Mac OS X Snow Leopard v10.6.6
I've finally transferred everything over to my MacBook and couldn't be any happier. However, when I go to insert a CD, or listen to something in iTunes there is no audio. I can listen to tutorials fine through my .mac account. The only thing I did do was download SiriusMac which is still not playing.

Can anyone lend any advice? I've checked everything through system preferences and also checked the keyboard volume adjustment...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
Got all the latest Software Updates?

It may sound dumb, but is iTunes muted?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2GHz Intel Quad-Core i7 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM Mac OS X Snow Leopard v10.6.6
Yeah, I just updated them on Friday. I checked iTunes and it isn't muted...

Do you think it might have something to do with SiriusMac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Do other sounds not work (while system sounds, like moving a file, or the little 'you did something meaningless' boops)? Specifically, does iChat or Mail make any noise (test by sending yourself an email. If you don't get the "whoosh" sound when you press send.)

If so (or even if it isn't the case, it's not damaging to do this) try:

Launch Activity Monitor. Search for a process called 'coreaudiod'. Force quit that process. It'll ask for your password since it's a system process. Quit Activity Monitor (a new coreaudiod will be spawned, not to worry) and see if you get sound from the app you're trying to use.

Reaction score
Also try opening /Applications/Utilities/Audio MIDI Setup.
Make sure the output Format says 44100.0 Hz.
Sometimes games or other apps can change it.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the responses.

I ended up checking for updates again. There were two updates, one of them an airport wireless update and the other a security update. I restarted after installing the updates and lone behold...things are working fine. I will use your tips for future reference though...thanks again! :)

Man, this is so much better then my XP machine. It's amazing how fast applications open and just have overall better performance. I can honestly state, that I will NOT go back to the darkside! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.