G4 Mac Mini KB and Mouse won't work!

Reaction score
So I sent my Mom home with my old Mac Mini G4. This is a great machine and I've been using it a couple of years now with no issues. However, when she gets it home the keyboard and mouse won't work. I know she has it plugged in right as we carefully went over everything. My Mom had a PC and is used to me troubleshooting over the phone too.

Any ideas here? I had her unplugged power, hold the power button while replugging power. I'd read this does a reset. No luck. sad.gif

BTW she's using an Apple USB keyboard and a Logitech optical mouse. The mouse has a light in it when active which lights up when plugged in. The cursor, however, won't move.

She's running 10.4.10.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Did you have her try to unplug it from the one USB port and plug it into the other? Wondering if something happened to the one port.

Otherwise not sure what is going on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.