Parallels acting up after update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15.4 core2duo 2.16 2gb
Sup ppl. My 3.0 parallels was working fine before installing the parallels tools updates. now, for some reason, windows wont boot well it boots but restarts everytime windows starts. is anyone else facing this problem?

Regards.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Sup ppl. My 3.0 parallels was working fine before installing the parallels tools updates. now, for some reason, windows wont boot well it boots but restarts everytime windows starts. is anyone else facing this problem?

Regards.

Does it give you an error message related to a missing ethernet connection upon startup? If so, I found that I needed to switch the network adapter to bridged mode in Parallels config. Then Windows starts up normally for me.

OP
comthre3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15.4 core2duo 2.16 2gb
did it give u that error in windows? or was ur parallels program shutting down? the whole thing i mean.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
did it give u that error in windows? or was ur parallels program shutting down? the whole thing i mean.

It wasn't within Windows, it was upon attempting to start the VM.

Reaction score
Do you have the latest update #5060 installed? I was having a problem after the first update but the latest one seems to have cured what ever it was doing it and things work fine again here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.