AE18 Processor Digital Thermal Sensor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 27" W/ MAGIC MOUSE,iPhone 3GS
I recently downloaded the iStat Pro plug in and came across this information pertaining to the intel core duo processors :Important flaw on Core Duo Processors ¶

Some of the users of SpeedIt reported a bug related to the readout of the temperature, we have been tested the digital readout and we discovered that the problem is related to a bug in the microprocessor.

The bug is documented by Intel and happend only in some processors and is the following:

AE18 Processor Digital Thermal Sensor (DTS) Readout stops updating upon returning from C3/C4 state. (Source Intel Corp.)

If this is your case, we recomend to go to Apple to verify your computer, because in case of thermal problems the processor will never get protected.
The link to this information is here:http://speedit.increw.org/
I wanted to install this widget but i do not know how.Really wanted to see if my machine was within this catagory or not.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.