Little extension that makes Firefox on Mac suck less

Reaction score
System Proxy is an extension that enables Firefox to read proxy
settings from the Mac OS X System Preferences and be aware of network
location changes. Perfect time saver! This extension makes Firefox on mac suck less!

Download version 0.1 here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Thanks for the info. A nice little thing for people who need it.

Which is not me. I like my firefox as it is. But anyways thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i dont understand what it does.
i never knew firefox sucked either, im pretty sure it rocks.

i also think you are spamming our website in order to advertise some weird program you just wrote
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Still doesn't make me like Firefox on the Mac. :)

Firefox neither looks nor functions like a Mac app. If you really have the need for a Mozilla-based browser, then I would recommend Camino.

Reaction score
i agree firefox just doesn't run well at all for me on the mac
That's too bad. I won't use anything else when running OS X (I'm stuck for a while on a jellybean iMac running OS 9).

Firefox's extensions make it superior, IMO, to all other browsers (I run about 20 extensions), and it's problem-free.

Camino and Safari are stop-watch faster, but Firefox's ease of use and endless customizations — Adblock, Mouse Gestures, SmoothWheel, FoxyTunes, to name only a fraction of the add-ons available — negate that almost immediately, much like the Mac's usability blows Windows boxes' doors off, even if the latter are faster.

Firefox has a strong legacy, and some of its extensions run in the ancient Mozilla suite I use in OS 9, along with many of the modifications that can be made in the users.js file.

It really is a terrific Mac browser.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 1GB mem
Firefox has been the #1 browser for me on all systems since I first started using it years ago. I couldn't be happier with Firefox on a mac.

TWM

Reaction score
i love firefox on windows, but i also found that it does not run on a mac as it does on a pc. so far, i like Safari...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I totally agree with Brown_Study, I think Firefox is a great browser, for both OS X and Windows. Once you apply a OS X - like theme, it fits in quite well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.