Good free program for students...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
Thanks. Try Schoolhouse, I think it's really good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
I just use iCal and the "To-Do" Section :)

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 1GB mem
good look. starting first year of college in fall. maybe this will help. i'm willing to try pretty much anything.

OP
T

TWM

Reaction score
yea i thought it was kind of cool if you use your notebook at school. i pretty much do all of my home work on mine, so it will be kind of nice to have a dedicated program for keeping track of stuff thats due... and seeing
though its free, i am willing to try it. i will see how it works when college starts again in 2 weeks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I use SchoolHouse and it's a great program, and to be honet, it really helps me out with keeping on top of my assignments and grades.

I'm going to check out this program to see if it's better.

Edit: Just tried it out. It's good for keeping on top of individual tasks, but if you're interested in keeping on top of every assignment, then you're better off with something like SchoolHouse or TaskList. Using both in conjunction would probably be best, but sort of a pain as you'll end up spending more time on scheduling your assignments than actually doing them ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I just downloaded SchoolHouse and it looks great. I can't wait till school starts so I can actually use it. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You know, I actually felt the same way when I found that program at the end of last Fall semester. Turns out, it was a great tool in the Spring and I'm using it now during my summer classes. Definitely a great tool for keeping all the assignments in one easy to access location.

Reaction score
Wow this sounds perfect. Just starting my first year of college. I hope this helps.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I've been using Entourage to organize my schoolwork. It has a feature called Project Center that lets you set up projects (I make each class a project) and you can organize and separate calendar events, notes, files, contacts, and emails to each project (class). With all the digital resources profs use and team-oriented work, it really helps me keep everything in line and stay on track without trying to remember everything happening all the time.

I'll have to check out SchoolHouse to see if it may be a better option since it's made specifically for this kind of work.

OP
T

TWM

Reaction score
Got it! wow, this program is much better than the one i found!!! i really like how it keeps track of grades and your notes. Good job Kash! Only 2 more weeks till school starts the fall semester...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Yup, I use schoolhouse too!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz Macbook Pro 200 Gig HD 2g Ram, Thinkpad X200: 2.4 GHz 160 GB HD and 3GB of RAM, 500 GB TimeCa
Has anyone in here had trouble with the schoolhouse in panther. I looked in the site a few months back and it told me to run it in rosetta which I did and now it won't work at all.

This was on of my favorite program since I do all my school on line. If anyone knows of a fix I would appreciate it.

The problem: every time I open the program it bounces in my doc and then quits.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
That running in Roseta thing is for users running 10.5 Leopard, which by the spec of your mac is what you are using

Panther is the old 10.3 OS X

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Schoolhouse has some serious issues with Leopard, especially with 10.5.2 or later. It sucks because I really like Schoolhouse and wish the author would release at least a Leopard compatible version before putting out version 3 of the software. Though to be honest, I think it's a stalled project and it's best we look for alternatives.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz Macbook Pro 200 Gig HD 2g Ram, Thinkpad X200: 2.4 GHz 160 GB HD and 3GB of RAM, 500 GB TimeCa
I am using Leopard 10.5.4, I have no idea where I came up with panther; I think I was reading something else and it stuck. I did look at the guy who created it's website and there has been no fix for the problem what ever it is.

I used the program everyday before it stopped working.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.