Paranoia and a warning system

N

Nightblade

Hmm, you know, I think this forum might be able to use a warning system, as I frequently get paranoid that I might be in trouble due to something I just posted. Of course, I could very well be in trouble, but I have no idea of finding out. It's either you're able to post or you aren't, and that seems to be about it. I was thinking of a warning system where, under each person's name next to one of their posts, we could see their warning percentage. Like, we could have a three-strike system or something like that.

Take a look at the rules of this small forum: http://www.bbfree.com/Orangestar/index.php?showtopic=31 (Look at the part that says Warnings and Bannings)

Because, I would REALLY like someone to inform me if I've done something that's wrong, and if I've gotten penalized for it, rather than having to wait until my posting rights are removed for me to find out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I personally believe you need to get a bit out of common sense to be warned, I have seen some reactions to inappropriate posts and they were nice and patiently calm, now in the Linux forums... :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You will always be warned if you are doing something wrong...Mods just don't take away posting priveledges unless its obvious (most of the time members don't even realize the crazy people that we ban immediately).

Right now the mods have set up user notes in each members profile that only we can see and post to about any offenses. If you did something wrong we will post it in there and you will probably have PM explaining what you did wrong.....If it happens again then we can see that it has occurred before in the user notes and we will take further actions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Exactly, we don't just take away posting privileges! I have heard you complain about not being able to post before and I have no idea why that is because it is not any of our doing. And as you can see from the boards we do not secretly ban people, or secretly take away their privileges, you know when you've done something wrong because first we warn you on the board, then we PM you nicely that something needs to change and if you are still biligerent and do not want to follow the rules then you leave us no choice, but to ban you. If we have a problem with you, you will know it and if you do not know it.. then we do not have a problem with you :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I think the problem lays in making a change to your profile, like pass word or e-mail address. That will disable posting until you revalidate your account.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.