Firefox Freezes a lot....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GHz Core Duo. 16Gb iPod Touch
I don't know if its the Core Duo Processor or the fact that I am only running 512MB of RAM but I'm getting REALLY sick of Firefox freezing up and showing the pinwheel and just sitting there while I force quit the program and restart it....I'm NOT gonna use Safari I hate it and Opera doesn't work well on certain sites so I'm just wonderin if anyone has similar problems?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 1.25Gb Ram WiFi'd To Airport Extreme!
its due to ur 512 ram
firefox uses alot of memory
also firefox is known to lockup anyway
use safari 3

TWM

Reaction score
i had problems with firefox on a few sites including Myspace. it would crash. it would not freeze, but would just stop working, like if you went to click a link, it would not do anything. i tried opera and it worked ok, i did really like the concepts though, and camino had the same problem as fire fox. all in all, i am back to using safari and have grown to like it. just give it a little time.

TWM

Reaction score
also, i have 2gb of ram and firefox still messes up all the time. i dont ever use it anymore. like was already said, just use safari.

OP
Z mann R2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
its due to ur 512 ram
firefox uses alot of memory
also firefox is known to lockup anyway
use safari 3

I'd love to use safari 3 but it makes Windows Messenger Crash!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
IS there anyway to save passwords and log in names in Safari 3? I like it better but I am not willing to give up that luxury. Autofill does not work on everything firefox works on.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
IS there anyway to save passwords and log in names in Safari 3? I like it better but I am not willing to give up that luxury. Autofill does not work on everything firefox works on.

Exactly what sites are not saving logon info and passwords that FireFox works with? I have NO PROBLEM at all with Safari and have everything saved in the keychain. I log into many sites like that daily and never a problem except my Bank that NO BROWER on either the Windows or OSX will save on for security reasons.

OP
Z mann R2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hmmmm aMSN never heard of it....is it better than messenger for mac?

Reaction score
My firefox does that all the time aswell and its the most annoying thing. Ive noticed that it especially does it with MySpace, click a link and it doesnt do anything and i need to force quit, and also with a couple of forums i am on.

TWM

Reaction score
My firefox does that all the time aswell and its the most annoying thing. Ive noticed that it especially does it with MySpace, click a link and it doesnt do anything and i need to force quit, and also with a couple of forums i am on.

ditto!

OP
Z mann R2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i HATE safari....but im starting to hate freezing of firefox more....bah! ill never be happy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
FF is becoming less and less stable for me with each update. I'm currently using Camino, but I don't like it much so I'll give Opera another try. Usable browsers are getting thin on the ground!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.