Need some Help, New to Macs (G4 Cube)

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I need some help. I'm on a very Tight Budget and am going to buy a G4 Cube for farley cheap. I want to know if i'll be able to Upgrade to OS X 10.4

450MHZ
712 MB of ram
20gig HDD
ATI RAGE 128 Pro graphics card with 16MB of SDRAM graphics memory installed in a dedicated AGP 2X graphics slot.
OS 9.2

I'm paying about $185 for it. I plan to Upgrade it over time, But right now I'm on a VERY small budget due to Money problems and anything is better then my 900 mhz 153 mb ram PC.

Basically Just wondering if I buy the computer and Order OS X from Apple will i be able to run it?

Thanks, and sorry for the Noobish questions and sorry if this is the wrong forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 1.67Mhz Hi Res - 2gig RAM, 100g 7200 HD + Pismo G3 400Mhz - 512mb RAM, 30g HD
Your system meets the requirements and I would've though Tiger will run fine on that system. I've just upgraded to Tiger on my 2nd Mac - a Pismo with G3 400mhz, 512 ram and meagre 8mb graphics and it seems to be handling it OK so far.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.