Large Format Printing

Reaction score
does anyone know how I could take a small jpeg image, and print it in a very large format, say 4x4 sheets of printer paper? Is there a program I can use to do this, or anything built in to my macbook pro to help me? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33Ghz Core2Duo, 2Gb Ram, 120Gb HardDisk, X1600 256Mb & I LOVE Every Inch of her
before you do that,

you do know how the dpi thing works right. cause if you do what you say, you will end up with pretty bad looking picture.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
before you do that,

you do know how the dpi thing works right. cause if you do what you say, you will end up with pretty bad looking picture.
This is very true. Its not at all as it looks on TV and the movies, when the CSI-types blow up some tiny, poorly-lit, and grainy image to crystal clear accuracy and detail. ;)
If your initial image is small with a low dpi, then enlarging it will only give you an larger image with the same dpi and it will look like utter crap.

What is your source image's size, dpi and such?

Reaction score
When you enlarge a jpeg file, it extrapolates the picture. What that means is it inserts a pixel between each two that is halfway between the colors of the pixels on each side. The larger you stretch it the more pixels that will be inserted. This is why it is not an advisable thing to do. Always go down rather than up with a jpeg file!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.