ical question

Reaction score
Ok, so I got my college schedule (I'm a freshman) and I want to keep a weekly schedule of my classes on my mac.

I entered the first week of classes and their appropriate times onto ical, but it was a very tedious process even for just one week!

Please tell me that there is a way to duplicate a week exactly so that every event is at exactly the same time. I plan to put the class schedule on every week pretty much up until christmas 07, but if there is no easy way to copy and paste a weekly schedule, it will take hours and hours!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
If you look at the sidebar where you enter all the info, right below where you enter the 'when' there is an option to repeat the event. You can have it repeat every week for any length of time. Also, you can choose the Custom option and have it repeat certain days of the week. It doesn't take so long to enter everything with the repeat options

Reaction score
MY favorite part of the Ical is how easy you can reschedule things. I had a test on wednesday and the teacher switched it to the following friday. All I needed to do was drag the event from wednesday to friday. Then it reminds me through email ipod and iphone.

Reaction score
A little o/t, but I can tell you as a senior in college, your schedule will become ingrained pretty quickly, so I bet in about a week's time you won't need those weekly reminders, but ical is definitely a useful tool for other things as well. Anyway, good luck with freshman year! How time flies.... only one more semester left for me!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 80G HDD, 1G RAM
Then it reminds me through email ipod and iphone.

Wow I didn't know it did that... now I can see why people are excited about this little app.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
Another useful tool for me is the iCal Events widget. With this you can see everything you have to do that day without having to open iCal.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.