Safari labeled as Firefox

Reaction score
Since I didn't have the Safari browser but wanted the new beta, I renamed my Firefox application as Safari so that the new Safari app would override Firefox (the only way I could get the update was if there was already an application called Safari). So I was able to download Safari, but now when I open my new Safari browser, the window name shows "Firefox" rather than "Safari." How can I get it to show the correct browser name? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Interesting approach! So... the window is named Firefox. This is a DUMB question, but is it in fact Firefox or are you really running Safari?

OP
S
Reaction score
It is indeed the Safari browser that I am running :] Other websites are even detecting my browser as Safari. So it's just the title that for some weird reason reads "Firefox." But it is definitely the Safari browser! Also when I go to "About Safari.." the version is listed as "Firefox Version 3.0.3." It's so weird! In my applications folder it is listed as "Safari.app," so I don't know where the misnaming is coming from. There is no trace of Firefox on my HD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I think you probably messed something up doing that, that's not a very good idea.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.