disk drive making loud weird noises...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15.4" 2.2 Ghz, 160 GB, 2GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics with 256MB SDRAM
Hm, I just got my MBP like 3 days ago...and the drive where CD's go in makes loud odd beeping noises. It doesnt read on the computer either.. And when i press eject on my keyboard, nothing comes out..help!:Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte, Macbook Pro 2.2 gHz, 2 GB Ram, 120GB HDD
Sounds like a bad superdrive to me. I would take it back to the apple store and ask for a replacement.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
It might be a bad disc. I've read that some cheaper recordable discs can actually warp when they get heated up. Try this - turn your computer off and leave it off for about an hour, this should give the disc long enough to cool down and return to its normal shape. Then, turn the computer on and press and hold the mouse button until the disc ejects.

I picked up this tip from MacOSXHints.com, here. From what I understand, it's usually successful. Just keep in mind that slot-loading drives are more sensitive to the type of media you use. Stick with good quality recordable discs and never use discs with stick-on labels (they have a tendency to come off at the wrong time).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.