How do I create an Icon set?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
I want to replace the CS3 icons with some that I downloaded... I have Shape Shifter but it doesn't seem to be doing what I want it to. I've replaced my HD and Server icons already before but I had an actual Icon set to do that... But this time I just have icons. How do I get the icons into a set that'll replace the CS3 icons?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2.0GHz Macbook, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD
You don't need to create an icon set to replace just a few icons. Icon sets are made to make changing a lot of icons at once more convenient and less time consuming.

Try:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304735
**Some apps are stubborn and this method won't work. If it doesn't work, you can try secondary-clicking the app and selecting "Show Package Contents". Then "Content>Resources" and replacing the ".icns" file with your own.
***You can also use a program called CandyBar that lets you easily change icons by dragging and dropping. (It's free to try but I believe it's around $10)

OP
Leukeh
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah... Well, there is a lot of icons... Each application and each file format. There's 35 for Photoshop alone!

OP
Leukeh
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok I figured out how to do what I want.

ctrl+click on application, go "Show Package Contents", go into "Contents" then "Resources" and move or paste the icons in there, replacing the old ones.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.