Quick Questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 ' aluminum iMac , 2gb Ram 320 gb HDD @ 7200 RPM 2.4 ghz.
Hi everyone, im new to this forum. I've seen a lot of threads about shipping but i want have an answer to my specific questions. BTW I LIVE IN CANADA.

I ordered a 20' iMac on Thursday, August 2nd. I payed 43 $ for expedited shipping. I got 2 upgrades. I got an extra gig of RAM ( 2 gig total in machine) ANd i got the wireless keyboard and wireless mouse.

The estimations on the Apple website is that it will ship by Aug 7-9 and delivered by Aug 9-16.

1st quesiton: Is the extra gig of RAM and the wireless keyboard and mouse gonna affect the shipping time?

2nd quesiton: Should i expect my iMac before Aug 16, if so, when?

3rd question: Is it actively shipping and getting configured during the weekends?

4th question: It still says "not yet shipped" on the Apple website, When will it ship?

5th question: How do i track it through fed-ex? Do i have to wait till its shipped and do i then put in that tracking number from apple?

Im just looking for a clear answer form SOMEONE WHO KNOWS.

Thanks so much, im glad to be a part of this forum.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 ' aluminum iMac , 2gb Ram 320 gb HDD @ 7200 RPM 2.4 ghz.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Firstly there's no need for shouting. Or bumping so soon.

And secondly we will all help you as much as we can.

1. Nope. As the shipping estimate will factor in all your modifications you want done to your mac.

2. 9th-16th means just that. It will come in that range of dates. And yes Apple are quite reliable with their time estimats. But I should think it'd come a couple of days before the 16th, maybe more.

3. Well here in Australia nothing much really happens on the weekends. Only shipping that is already in transit like getting from one country to another. But it'll sit in your local PO or be couriered to you on a weekday. And I assume the US/Canadian systems are the same.

4. It will ship in the range of dates 7th-9th August.

5. You can safely bet it won't have left to be shipped to you before the 7th August and you can through the apple website track what happening with your mac. And also you can ring up Apple and ask them. Well the Australian Apple people are very nice and I assume the US/Canadian people would be the same. And you could ask them for a fed ex shipping number. So you can contact fed ex to track your product on their side.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.