external burner?

J

jasonphoto01

Does anybody recommend an external dvd/cd burner for the emac? I need to buy one soon and I know someone around here can enlighten me on a good choice. thanx!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I have a LaCie DVD burner, that works will with my powerbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
I have a liteonit it works well with toast, Not sure weather it will work with finder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
get laCie, i think they still have this offer when you get free toast 6 if you buy burner. chek their website www.lacie.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
will external burners work with iDvd? I don't think they do natively, but isn't there a workaround???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
There is a hack for a workaround for iDVD to work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
jasonphoto01 said:
wheres the hack?

iDvd Hack

i believe this is what you're wanting, i dont know much about it but i had it saved months ago in favourites months ago in my other laptop as i was going to buy an iBook, but i got a Powerbook with superdrive instead. :)

OP
R

rdr

idvd hack

Greetings, I'm new here. And I'm quite slow on the technical uptake, so please be patient. I have a new G4 Powerbook without the superdrive, but with idvd. I want to burn dvds to an external drive (Iomega Super dvd drive) -- I've downlaoded the "hack" but nothing happens. Can you take me through it SLOWLY? Thanks,
Rich

citystar2k said:
iDvd Hack

i believe this is what you're wanting, i dont know much about it but i had it saved months ago in favourites months ago in my other laptop as i was going to buy an iBook, but i got a Powerbook with superdrive instead. :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If you have the hack install in the proper place. Then you create the DVD the was you want it. When you are ready to burn the DVD disk. Press and hold the control key when you click the burn button. Wait for a some period of time (at least for me), then you should see a window pop up. In that window you should see your DVD burner. Select it and click the okay button. You should have started the burn process. Depending on the speed of your processor, it could take a long time to create and burn a DVD.

In my case on a 500MHz processor with 768MB of memory, it takes about 14 hours to create and burn the DVD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.